Subject: [Vintage-race] Former Jack Wheeler TR4A for sale <vintage-race.autox.team.net>

From: Don Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:27:17 -0400

It is time to sell the Jack Wheeler TR4A IRS car #11 that I have been
vintage racing for the past 13 years. This is the car that Jack developed,
starting in the early '70s and then won the SCCA EP Runoffs with in 1990.
The front end was wrecked in the '93 Runoffs and Jack rebuilt it with a new
frame and cage. He continued to race it until about 1998 when he quit
racing. I bought it from him in '99, put stock fenders on it to make it
vintage eligible, and have been racing it since, primarily with VDCA and
occasionally with SVRA. The car is extremely well documented, with logbooks
back to '74, plus Jack's other documentation and time sheets, videos of the
Runoff's win, etc.

It's got what you'd expect on a really well prepared TR4A IRS car,
including Carillo rods (no billet crank), roller rockers, 87mm BFE sleeves
and Venolia pistons, aluminum flywheel, oil cooler, accusump, Tilton dual
disk race clutch, close ratio tranny, 5 welded diffs (3.4, 3.7, 4.1, 4.3,
4.55), Corvair rear axle conversion, gear reduction starter, uprated front
axle spindles, nearly new 8 gallon fuel cell, dual Holley Red fuel pumps,
15x6" Panasport wheels, fire system, aluminum rear brake drums, Stalh
header, race modified carbs and manifold, electronic ignition, alternator,
oversized aluminum radiator with electric fan, etc. The current engine is
mildly tuned for longevity and probably has a some more weekends left in it
before needing to be freshened.

I also have the original steel flared fenders that were on the car when it
won the Runoffs, with appropriate stickers, etc.  I'm using them for wall
art in my garage but they could be put back on the car if someone wanted to
recreate the look from 1990.

Asking $19,500.  Located in North Florida. Pictures can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99617473@N04/sets/72157635804233524

If interested, please email me directly at [email-masked] or call
me at 904-553-2156 for more information.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/vintage-race/[email-masked]