Subject: Re: [Thelist] Cleaning carburetors with Pine-Sol

From: Steven Trovato via Thelist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 18:32:01 -0400

--=====================_359665453==_

I scavenged a float bowl cover to replace the epoxy repaired one.  It 
started out really filthy.  I don't know if anyone is interested, but 
since I had to clean it anyway, I took some pictures.  The black 
specks were the most difficult to remove.  Each time I removed the 
part, I brushed it and rinsed it in water.  After I took a picture, I 
returned it to the solution.

-Steve T.

At 04:20 PM 9/14/2018, Steven Trovato via Thelist wrote:
>OK, so I decided to give the Pine-Sol a try.  I would say it worked 
>pretty well.  I didn't do a scientific comparison or take before and 
>after pictures, but subjectively I would call it a success.  I used 
>the original Pine-Sol multi-surface cleaner.  I did not use the 
>lemon, lavender, mango or any other fruity scent.  I stuck with the 
>original stuff that smells like a janitor's closet.  I mixed 50% 
>Pine-Sol with hot water, added the parts and let them soak 
>overnight.  When I pulled the parts out, I washed them with water 
>and brushed a few spots with an old toothbrush.  The Pine-Sol smell 
>is fairly intense, but not "this stuff might kill me" intense like 
>other carb cleaning chemicals.  I would do it this way again in the future.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_359665453==_
 x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="12 hours.jpg"

--=====================_359665453==_
 x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="21 hours.jpg"

--=====================_359665453==_
 x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="36 hours.jpg"

--=====================_359665453==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Thelist mailing list
[email-masked]
http://zmgna.org/mailman/listinfo/thelist_zmgna.org

--=====================_359665453==_--

---

From: Steven Trovato via Thelist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 18:38:22 -0400

--=====================_360030199==_

I forgot to include the "before" picture.

-Steve T.

---

--=====================_360030199==_
 x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="before.jpg"

--=====================_360030199==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--=====================_360030199==_--