Subject: [WPTA] Fwd: [Fot] Remembering John Hasty

From: John Styduhar via Wpta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 12:15:15 -0500

--===============4103555789062832440==

--0000000000008b6641062c62c177
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

WPTA membership and others, I'm forwarding you an email from fellow racer
Henry Frye regarding the passing of John Hasty, another fine TR vintage
racer.  Some of you folks may remember over the years watching John Hasty
vintage racing his yellow TR3A up until last year.  Personally, John gave
me lots of tips and build guidance when I started out vintage racing in
2013 with my TR3B.   He always had a fast car and could show it on the
track.  We had a couple fender benders and close calls but maintained a
good friendship.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jan 23, 2025 at 10:32=E2=80=AFAM
Subject: [Fot] Remembering John Hasty
To: FOT <[email-masked]>

I just found out that a couple months back we lost our resident
octogenarian, John Hasty. Those of us who race the eastern part of the
States have probably met him at the track, piloting a yellow TR3. John
was always great fun to chat with, his extensive background in
motorcycle racing usually came up in some way or another. After "aging
out" on two wheels he decided it would be a better idea to race on four
wheels and was still on track with us last year at the age of 88 years
young! At the spring race at VIR I see he was still right in the mix,
finishing 12th out of 29 runners in the Saturday race.

Trying to remember when John arrived in the scene, I searched my
archives. In 2011, Don Marshall nominated John and forwarded this
introduction to the FOT.

"I've been into racing most anything that has a motor and wheels since
the 40's when in high school building hot rods. Took off a few years
while in college, but beginning in 1959 bought my first sports car, an
Austin Healy 3000 w/o a jump seat, next a MGB, then a Porsche 912, then
a Merc 280SL, now an Alfa Spider for the street and my TR3A for the
track. Crewed for a friend in the 60's with a bug-eye sprite in SCCA
events then got into motorcycles. I road motorcycle road-racers for
about 10 years and when I retired from riding, built and tuned 250cc GP
road-racers with a rider on the AMA pro circuit for about 7 years. We
did pretty well, never finished worse than 5th. in overall standings and
won the national
championship in 1990. My good friend Ceasar Cone got me back into sports
car racing and when it came time to buy a car I decided that if I was
going vintage racing I wanted a truly vintage car and I think the TR3A
is a perfect truly vintage car."

Our kind of people, no doubt. You will be missed, my friend...

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/33758028/john-henderson-hasty

Henry Frye
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--0000000000008b6641062c62c177
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">WPT=
A membership and others, I&#39;m forwarding you an email from fellow racer =
Henry Frye regarding the passing of John Hasty, another fine TR vintage rac=
er.=C2=A0 Some of you folks may remember over the years watching John Hasty=
 vintage racing his yellow TR3A up until last year.=C2=A0 Personally, John =
gave me lots of tips and build guidance when I started out vintage racing i=
n 2013 with my TR3B.=C2=A0 =C2=A0He always had a fast car and could show it=
 on the track.=C2=A0 We had a couple fender benders and close calls but mai=
ntained a good friendship.=C2=A0</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_q=
uote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded =
message ---------<br>From: <strong class=3D"gmail_sendername" dir=3D"auto">=
yellow04 via Fot</strong> <span dir=3D"auto">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@auto=
x.team.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span><br>Date: Thu, Jan 23, 2025 at=
 10:32=E2=80=AFAM<br>Subject: [Fot] Remembering John Hasty<br>To: FOT &lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br></div><b=
r><br>I just found out that a couple months back we lost our resident <br>
octogenarian, John Hasty. Those of us who race the eastern part of the <br>
States have probably met him at the track, piloting a yellow TR3. John <br>
was always great fun to chat with, his extensive background in <br>
motorcycle racing usually came up in some way or another. After &quot;aging=
 <br>
out&quot; on two wheels he decided it would be a better idea to race on fou=
r <br>
wheels and was still on track with us last year at the age of 88 years <br>
young! At the spring race at VIR I see he was still right in the mix, <br>
finishing 12th out of 29 runners in the Saturday race.<br>
<br>
Trying to remember when John arrived in the scene, I searched my <br>
archives. In 2011, Don Marshall nominated John and forwarded this <br>
introduction to the FOT.<br>
<br>
&quot;I&#39;ve been into racing most anything that has a motor and wheels s=
ince <br>
the 40&#39;s when in high school building hot rods. Took off a few years <b=
r>
while in college, but beginning in 1959 bought my first sports car, an <br>
Austin Healy 3000 w/o a jump seat, next a MGB, then a Porsche 912, then <br=
a Merc 280SL, now an Alfa Spider for the street and my TR3A for the <br>
track. Crewed for a friend in the 60&#39;s with a bug-eye sprite in SCCA <b=
r>
events then got into motorcycles. I road motorcycle road-racers for <br>
about 10 years and when I retired from riding, built and tuned 250cc GP <br=
road-racers with a rider on the AMA pro circuit for about 7 years. We <br>
did pretty well, never finished worse than 5th. in overall standings and <b=
r>
won the national<br>
championship in 1990. My good friend Ceasar Cone got me back into sports <b=
r>
car racing and when it came time to buy a car I decided that if I was <br>
going vintage racing I wanted a truly vintage car and I think the TR3A <br>
is a perfect truly vintage car.&quot;<br>
<br>
Our kind of people, no doubt. You will be missed, my friend...<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/33758028/john-henderso=
n-hasty" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.tributearchive.co=
m/obituaries/33758028/john-henderson-hasty</a><br>
<br>
Henry Frye<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div></div>

--0000000000008b6641062c62c177--

--===============4103555789062832440==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

-------------------------------------

http://www.wptriumph.org

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4103555789062832440==--