[TR2000] listings

Joe Santamaria jsantamaria at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 9 05:07:47 MST 2010

Jamie and Mike and others, I guess from your posts you are both USA based.

I have a question. What range of Triumph Saloons were exported to the
USA.???

I never realized there was any but from your collections I'm thinking they
must have.

I noticed you are all referring to 2000 range so can I assume there were no
2500cc cars as in Mk2 series.

My collection are all 2500's mostly injected. Were there any injected
saloons sold in USA (Mk1 or Mk2).???

My Triumph disease actually was my mums fault as she owned a 1971 Mk2 2000
way back at my impressionable age of 16 years - from then I had to have one.
I remember that thing revved very smoothly - more so than the longer stroke
2500 - but I always complained to my parents about why they didn't buy the
PI so I bought my own, albeit some years later and alas not brand new like
theirs. Re how it revved - just goes to show you should not let your teenage
sons borrow your new cars - I have remembered this for my sons however.

Anyway, good to hear from many of the members - can't think of much more
interesting to say at the moment ... at some time I would like to talk about
performance enhancements you may have all done - engine/suspension.

One of my cars, 2500PI Mk1 69 overdrive, was converted by previous owner to
TR6 cam with injection - not sure if he got it quite right as I'm sure it
should go a little better than it does - maybe more on that later.

Another thing I would like to do is post some photos but excuse my ignorance
but don't know the best way to go about this using the list or otherwise.

Cheers,
Joe