[6pack] weber carbs

Keith Meinhold keith at navyboy.com
Mon Dec 10 13:26:12 MST 2007

It's livable, but overall im not overwhelmed and will likely put my
175's back on once they are rebuilt.  The best thing is that this is all
reversible.  I set it up on my '76.  Its pretty simple install and the
quality is pretty good on all parts except the choke cable.

The instructions were mostly accurate - with one exception of how to
install the choke cable.  The cable as assembled will not fit through
the hole (from either direction) as the instructions say.  Its better to
disassemble the cable where it splits to two cables and reassemble once
the cable are run through the firewall and the dash.  A simple procedure.

The choke nob looks quite different from the stock TR6, the old nob will
not fit on the new assembly.  Also the choke does not stay in place -
eventually slides back in.  Lucky for me in FL choke is not so
important.  Actually not happy with the choke all around - when pulled
the hissing/sucking air noise is very pronounced (louder than the
engine) and choke performance is iffy.  I am beginning to question if
there is a defect in the choke on one of my carbs.

Linkage is pretty straight forward - but sometimes binds (at slightly
elevated RPMs) because the moving part of the linkage runs too close the
the adapter bracket.

Driveability - its harder to drive the car smoothly.  At first I thought
I just needed to get acquainted to the new setup, but after a few
months, I know its something different.  It seems that most of the
throttle happens in the first quarter of pedal travel, making smooth
application of power is difficult, especially from a dead stop of when
shifting.

I have a 73' with dead DGVs - and ordered this kit for that car as well.
Im interested in seeing if its just my 76 or if I get the same results
on both cars.  I would have tested it, but installing the wiring harness
is priority on that car.