[6pack] Anti-run on valve after Strombergs are replaced with Webers

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Thu Aug 14 08:01:51 MDT 2008

My understanding of the AR valve is that it lowers the pressure in the
Stromberg carbs to cut the fuel supply to the engine. After the Weber DCOE
conversion I no longer have connections into the carbs so the AR valve just
has its original  connections to the inlet manifold via the banjo that also
connects the servo and to the canister.

Am I correct that the AR valve is at this point serving no purpose ?

The reason I ask is twofold, one is if the valve is doing nothing I will
remove it and second, I'm having a problem with running on and if there is a
way to make this valve more effective with the Weber carbs I'm interested in
ideas/suggestions.

Stan