[6pack] TR6 New Tire Survey

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 19:29:45 MDT 2008

 Hi Everyone,

The Yokohama Avids that I have installed on my TR6 wont pass inspection this year.? I have been satisfied with their performance but I am disappointed in how few miles they lasted.? I don't believe I have been overly rough with them, no burn-outs, no auto crossing.

The last time I was contemplating a tire purchase I asked for people to send me information on what wheels and tires they had on their car.? I posted those results on the triumphowners.com web site as a reference tool.? It has been a few years since the last survey so I thought it wouldn't hurt to see what people were riding on nowadays.? I will skip the wheel portion this time and concentrate only on the tires.? So, if you would care to participate then please respond to me with the following information:

Tire Brand
Tire Model
Tire Size
Estimate # of miles driven on tires
Recommend them or not?
Any other general comments?
OK to use your name as a contributor?

I will take some time to collect the response, tabulate them and post them on triumphowners.com for all to use as a reference since the question does seem to come up quite regularly.?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and participation.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)