[6pack] Fw: compression

Alan Salvatore 6parts at charter.net
Sat Jan 5 08:56:03 MST 2008

Subject: Re: [6pack] compression

Hi guys

Yep , its still a daily driver, although now I carry equal parts of oil and
gas.

When I tested it the motor was slightly warm.  Meaning i torqued down the head
bolts before I ran the test.  I found that i had some bolts tht weren't torque
enough.
My fault, they were the ones that held the AC compressor, and I was the one
that played with them b/4.
Actually, when I finished torquing the head and refitting the rockers, I ran
the motor till the temp guage got half way warm.
Then throttles were fully open when I ran the compression test.
There is no external oiler.

The car is causing quite a bit more little spots on the floor than in the
past.  And these are spots , not patches.
I replaced the cam in 2002, but its still a stock cam.
What is a leakdown test or wet compression test?  whats involved with that.

Thanks

Al