[6pack] lucas alternator upgrade

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Wed Jan 30 12:04:29 MST 2008

	What would probably be easier is go to NAPA and get a rebuilt
alternator for your car for a 1976 TR6. The amount of current kept going
up through the model years, even though the externals remained the same.
	This assumes that youhave an earlier TR6. A rebuilt is about $90
at my local parts store. You can verify the current rating with your
parts man. And yes, Lucas alternators are available through most parts
places, as they were put on a variety of English cars (Jag, MG, Triumph,
Land Rover, etc).
	The core charge was a whopping $1 at my parts store. Guess they
don't need too many cores for rebuilding.

	Vance