[6pack] Crankase breather strategy when Strombergs are replaced

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Tue Jul 8 08:39:51 MDT 2008

Thanks Henri, a picture would be very helpful. If you don't have somewhere to
publish it you can email it to me as an attachments and I'll put it up on
Photobucket.

It sounds like you have an elaborate system and that it is passive, by that I
mean it does not create negative pressure in the crankcase to actively reduce
pressure and extract vapor but it efficiently captures anything that the valve
cover spits out and is designed to suck anything smelly back into the carbs
via your vertical tubes. Is that a correct assessment ?

Just curious, what does the stuff that you capture in the bottle look like
(color, consistency). I have a purpose in asking that question as I was
surprised to see what is coming out of the rubber hose I attached to my valve
cover after the Weber installation..

Stan