[6pack] '71 TR6 Alternator

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Wed Jul 9 12:26:48 MDT 2008

Bill, there are several options including going to a later year TR6 alternator
which I think had a higher output than the early models.

I just replaced my 74.5 alternator with a Bosch 55A unit ($110 from AutoZone,
ex Ford Fiesta). It is pretty much a drop in fit although I had to source a
1/2 inch V pulley from the local alternator shop ($10) and move to a 45.5inch
belt but mechanically and electrically it is identical down to the Lucas plug
at the rear. My Bosch alternator has its own voltage sense function built in
so I omitted to connect that wire and just insulated it and tucked it away.
There are other minor details that I wont bore everyone with now but I would
be happy to share if you decided to do down this path.

Stan