[6pack] TR6 lives! [was: sad end of my triumph]

George Loriot george_loriot at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:16:16 MDT 2008

Hi Listers,

I'm the guy who wrote to the list in May, about the demise of my TR6 due to a
broken frame where the upper A-arm mounts.  I thought it was all over.  But
happy days are here again -

Several listers had encouraging comments about repairing the frame, and one
lister who came to look at it to buy it thought it was not so bad.  I checked
other parts of the frame and it really was in good shape.  So I figured it
could be fixed.

And it is!  Fixed that is.  I took the front end apart, a local welder came to
my garage and fabbed a piece of frame material and mig welded it in place.
Nice clean job.  Very reasonable price.  I put the car back together, the
alignmnet is very good even after all this, and I'm back on the road again!
Thanks to the list for encouragement - I would have made a big mistake if I
had sold the tr.

George Loriot