[6pack] voltage stabilizer

Dr L. Kevin McNelis kmcnelis at nmsu.edu
Sat Jul 19 10:37:35 MDT 2008

OK, all.  I am still futzing around with my electricals.  Here's the
problem:  Both my fuel gauge and temp gauge register WAY too high.  For
instance, my fuel gauge reads 3/4 tank when it is nearly empty.  Temp
gauge is always nearly at the red.  I have used a kitchen thermometer
to check the temp in the radiator (after removing the thermostat to
make sure that wasn't the problem), and the thermometer shows no higher
than about 180.

Now, I know that the temp and fuel gauges both run off of the voltage
stabilizer, so it is putting through too much power to these gauges.
Is there a way to put in a resistor or something that would help
correct this problem?  Or do I just replace the stabilizer and hope for
the best?  Or just ignore the whole thing, and fill up with liquid gold
 (errr gasoline) when I have gone 180 miles or so?

Kevin