[6pack] Side view mirrors

forzion at maine.rr.com forzion at maine.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 08:22:56 MDT 2008

Tex (England) offers very nice polished stainless mirrors, with both convext and flat glass offerings. Go to http://www.texautomotive.com/classic_exterior_mirrors.html

See the MTR01 and MTR02. They are identical except, of course, for the glass. So, one could have a convex on the passenger side and a flat glass on the driver's side. Tex has quoted MTR-02's at 18.99 Pounds, each + about 15 Pounds shipping for a PAIR.

Talbot wants over $500 for a set. I'm not in that tax bracket and don't expect to be, anytime soon. I am happy for those of you who are! But the Tex mirrors look pretty good to me; I just wanted to hear the experiences of others so I could select the best way to go. I am thinking one MTR01 (driver's side) and one MTR02 (passenger side). The MTR01 is, I believe, 3 Pounds less.

Dave