[6pack] Worn pressure plate as the cause of clutch judder ?

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Thu Mar 6 15:22:56 MST 2008

 Stan, I was wondering if when your were last reinstalling your
transmission, you allowed the transmissions weight to hang on the input
shaft, while you were getting things lined up?  I did this, and it
caused the clutch plate to warp slightly, and gave the same symptoms as
you describe.  I now use very long studs in place of the top 3 bell
housing bolts so the tranny can hang on those until I get things lined
up enough for it to slide together.  Just a thought.   John Mtichell
76 TR6