[6pack] [net] Differential mount bushes - rubber or poly?

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Mar 17 04:51:34 MST 2008

Hi,

The diff mounting will de pretty much nothing for improving handling.

The big deal for ALL the rubber parts on the suspension is that the
current offerings do not last as long as the originals, so if yo want the
parts to last, go with urethane. You will get a bit more noise from teh
urethane, but in all seriousness - you can't hear that noise over al the
other noises in the car.

I've been using urethane on my street car for well over 10 years. Not
probs yet. I put in urethane after the diff mounts cracked and I had to
weld in the gussets and all that stuff. No problems and over 40k miles on
that setup.

rml