[6pack] Help with Sync'ing those darn carbs...II

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Thu Nov 20 19:11:55 MST 2008

	James:

	I use the hose method. Get a chunk of hose and use it like a stethoscope -
and listen to the hissing from each carburetor. Tweak the idle speed until the
volume of the hissing from each carb is equal. The carb meter has not worked
for me since I rebuilt my motor. The idle vacuum is too weak with the cam to
support the vacuum gauge. For that matter, I cannot use the lift the slide
technique to set the mixture either, and for the same reason.
	Having said that, I must ask why you can use the meter on one carb, but not
the other. You need to check your carb diaphragm to see if it is torn or has a
pinhole. You will need to stretch the diaphragm to make sure, you cannot
depend on just a visual inspection.
	You should fix whatever is causing the two carbs to behave differently.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast