[6pack] [TR] Pulstar Pulse plugs

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Sun Nov 30 13:42:40 MST 2008

If I was to come across one of these plugs I would probably make the following tests:

a) Clip a sparkplug wire to its terminal and ground the threaded end against the block.

b) Start the engine and observe the fire across the gap. Maybe do this in the dark.

c) Make the same test with an ordinary plug.

Is there a noticeable difference in intensity, color, or other visual? Do a double blind test if in doubt.

Meanwhile, High Energy Ignition systems produce this noticeable higher intensity when a plug wire is positioned to jump to ground. Still, it only takes one decent spark to get the flame front going.  A larger spark does nothing further, once this front gets moving.

Assuming that this "pulse" plug is the real McCoy, the next questions might be "how long would they last"? Do any of the race teams use them? Are there further benefits if they're coupled with a HEI?

Then again, as noted earlier, Christmas is coming!

Dick