[6pack] valve cover question

trsix74 at comcast.net trsix74 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 05:34:07 MDT 2008

In my experience, both can be good, pending how much you want to spend. But the big difference will be in thr preperation. To paint, you need only to clean up and prep the outer surface, place it on a flat surface and spray, preferably with high heat temp paint.

With powder coating it will be neccersary to remove the steel wire packing and completelt degrease the inside. Glass beading alone will not work. Mutiple rinses are required to remove anything and all that will be detrimental to the finish. Only once all is gone, then you can powdercoat and bake. The big issue is, when it is being baked. If there is any oil left anywhere it will show up during the baking process and the powder coating will not work. My knowledge comes from a friend who had a powder coating business and did mine. 12 years later, I still listen to the issues he had doing mine.