[6pack] Leaky carb

Martin Romagni mrdr3600 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 11 11:46:30 MDT 2008

Hello fellow listers,

The front carb on my 1974 TR6 is leaking gas. The leak
is coming from the Float Chamber vent emissions port. That is the one at top
of the carb, on the rear side. I believe those ports are normally routed to
the carbon canister. However, on my car, this plumbing and the canister were
removed by the PO.

I thought the problem was caused by a stuck float. So, I
rapped on the side of the float and sprayed some carb cleaner in the fuel
inlet and waited a while. When I started the car, no luck, it still leaks.

Does anyone have any other ideas either for the cause of the leak or for
freeing up the float.

Thanks in advance,

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6