[6pack] replacement seat belts TR6

Vsnively at aol.com Vsnively at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 07:34:09 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/18/2008 9:18:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
im_sloane at hotmail.com writes:

Would someone kindly tell me what a seat belt 'parker'  is?

thanks,
Sloane  :)
69-Six
Store,  manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live  SkyDrive.
http://skydrive.live.com/welcome.aspx?provision=1?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_
102008
6pack at autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as _vsnively at aol.com_ (mailto:vsnively at aol.com)

Sloane,

  It's a plastic molded pocket/receiver that's screwed to the interior
rockers to accept the male spade portion of the seat belt.  It provides an unused
seat belt a place to "park", giving the interior  a clean, organized look vs.
having the belts lay on the seat or floor, or  fall down between the seat and
rocker. If you view the "parked" belt with the  doors open, you will see the
belt run from the retractor to the "parker" at a  45-degree (?) angle. If you
open the door, and they are present in your car,  they will be around the
halfway point of the door jamb on the interior  side.
  These must be commonly missing from a lot of cars. A local TR6  collector
commented at a recent show "Wow, seat belt parkers !" I would surmise  no one
uses them or they are missing, or perhaps they were installed on later  models
??

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6 w/AC