[6pack] [TR] Starting Question

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 10:33:34 MDT 2008

Thanks to  Randall and John Herrera. Tapped on the starter switch with a
brass hammer and bingo. I must admit the car sat most of the summer so that
could be why it was stuck. But on a side note. I had purchased one of those
Vintage batteries out of Ohio (?) for this car. One year quarantine and your
right arm. But they look great. Anyhow, one day the battery was dead so I
gave it a quick charge. Worked fine except the next day is was dead again.
Put it on an overnight charge. Next morning the battery was dead, and would
not take a charge. The charger needle went to full right and just appeared
to short out, charger overloaded. Opened the caps and guess what. hmmmm no
electrolyte, water, nadda. Talk about DPO, how about DCO (current). Did try
to add water and charge, same thing, nadda. Today went out and got a battery
for it. But before I put it in I looked at the Vintage style battery once
again. The plates were moist and not totally dry. Just so happened I had
some battery acid left over from the initial charge. So I filled it with
straight acid with the hope I could save this battery. Well, put the charger
on it and it is taking a nice charge in all cells. I'll keep you posted.
This is beyond my understanding. :o) Thanks again to Randall and John.
Alex Manzo
59 TR3A
72 TR6