[6pack] Lowering ride height summary

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 05:39:24 MDT 2008

This is probably obvious to most of you but for the sake of straightening out
my earlier confused ramblings I would like to summarize the responses.  There
was no change in ride height from the early to late TR 6s.  Generally speaking
in regard to height issues the only changes were to the bumper height and
parking lights.  The only simple ways to reduce the ride height of all TR 6s
is to use shorter (but uprated springs to compensate for the reduced length of
spring travel) or to use lower profile tires.  My confusion was caused when I
once compared the height of my early 6 with a later one and observed the late
model 6 to be about an inch taller.  I failed to consider the fact that I had
55 profile tires on my car when I measured the heights of the two cars.
Thanks to Rick Patton for the reminder.

Mike Lunsford,