[6pack] New Engine AUTOpsy

Kendall Larsen mailkendall at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 11 15:13:32 MDT 2008

Hi James,
The blue bits in this picture are the new Hylomar, blueish, hardens
like silicone,  that I used to seal the rear main seal carrier to the block.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kendalll/TR6Engine08#5243580299697111794
It looks
like it squeezed out quite a bit and bits broke off. I used Permtex #2 for the
rest of the assembly.
My oil gallery has a hex plug on one end, so I can run a
rush down it from one side. The opposite end is blocked though so I guess I
chould have just shoved whatever might have been blocking the gallery down to
that end when I pushed the brush in.
I was able to turn the crank with a
wrench when I was assembling it and timing the crank. I don't think I get to
blame the machine shop for my problems, unless they didn't clean out the
gallery, which I can't prove anyway.
There is a possibility that the spin on
oil filter adapter could have been installed improperly and it was letting the
oil by unfiltered. I haven't checked into this yet though.
Kendall

-----