[6pack] Trying to convert my '74 TR6 to electronic ignition

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Fri Sep 19 08:29:03 MDT 2008

Hi Jim,
    What I did with mine was so simple. I take it your installing a
Pertronix unit. If I remember the color I believe it's a white with yellow
stripe wire that comes from the starter relay adjacent to the fuse box that
your looking for.  Check continuity to make sure you have the right one in
case you lose sight of it in the harness etc. All you need to do if you're
installing a 12 V Coil. ( I used a Lucas Sports Coil) is disconnect it from
where it's plugged in now. (On the Starter Relay where it gets 12V only
while your starters engaged) and plug it right nearby on a spare terminal on
your Fuse Box that only get's power with your ignition is turned on. That's
all there is to it. I've been running mine for almost 2 years without a
problem. Starts instantly with my SU.
Cheers,
Wayne Lee
Douglas, MA