[6pack] Sunfast Top Pictures

Bob Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:12:58 MST 2009

Hi Everyone,	This is a link to the pictures of my new Sunfast top
http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/Toodies_dad/.  I do think that the
TR6 top frame is not really beefy enough for the any thing heaverier then
Sunfast and probibly would do better with Everflex or plain vinyl. So I think
Vance's thinking is correct.   The Sunfast, however, does really give the car
a much more polished fine finished look than vinyl, and, I hope, is much more
durable than vinyl.  I do know there is a Molehair top material that I,
believe, is heavier than Sunfast.  Given my experience with Sunfast My guess
is that the Mohair would be even more difficult to mount on a top frame that
was intended to accept vinyl and would be hard to fold and stow behind the
seats.  I appreciated Dick Taylor's hints on getting the top up. As with
everyone else on the list I've tried most, but not all of them.  One advantage
of the new top is the zip out window.  If I unzip the window, put the top up,
and then zip the window up after a few minutes before I clamp down the front
rail it does make things go much easier.	Bob Rochlin        '72 TR6