[6pack] Fw: Bushing.

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Fri Jan 16 20:47:48 MST 2009

John

My twopennyworth .... this is a very small mountain (or maybe a bump) being
made from a
 tiny molehill  .... in the Triumph community, there are a very few people
 who have the technical ability and the machining capability to make
 mechanical improvement items.  As much as they are not large in number, as
 far as I can see, they very often share their thoughts and designs with the
 great and good, and, as a result, are then are often asked to make their
 creations for others without the ability or resources.

 I really enjoy machining items for my car, but I do not have any interest
in
 manufacturing for sales or for others, and in fact, when it is easier and
 cheaper for me to go to someone else, like Rick Patton for his super fan
 eliminator kit ... which he sells for less than I could make it, I do so.
 But as a hobbyist, who has made a lot of things for the Triumph community,
 share ... my design for the "Beast" hub puller has been made by lots of
 others ... great!  I have done nothing more that shared my experience with
 like minded folks.  I don't want anything back ... and since my email has
 changed from that on the plans, I don't even get "thank you's" any more.

 This isn't nanotechnology or designer drugs, it simple bits of metal that
we
 have fashioned to fix a problem ... sharing is part of the process.  If
 someone ever thought they would be able to run a business on the making of
 small bits for the Triumph community, I fear they are sorely mistaken, and
 given that the number of us with easy access to mills and lathes is very
 small, this is a storm in a teacup.

 Tony Gordon
 72 TR6
(ps ... I really would like the dimensions!)