[6pack] Tire Selection for 205/70/15

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Wed Jun 24 11:21:18 MDT 2009

---- "Corbitt wrote:
> I'm getting ready to replace my 11 year old 185/70/15 tires on my 69.
> I'm planning to replace them with a 205/70/15 on original steel rims.
> Anybody know of any problems with running a 205 on the stock rims?

They're a little wider - beyond the limit? I couldn't say...

Have a shufti at the MintyLamb tire calculator:

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/?page=tyre.htm

According to this, a 195/65-15 is real close to the original size.  I have a pair of 205/65-15 tires on my stock rims, and the look a bit fat.  I plan to replace them with the 195/65-15 size.

I'm thinking the Sumitomo HTR - I've got a set on my Spitfire that are nice and sticky, and not noisy.  Decent price, too...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.