[6pack] Surrey top (backlight) side window seals

Andrew Packard apackard68 at att.net
Wed Mar 18 22:17:24 MST 2009

Hi everyone:

Straight up from the B-pillar on the surrey top backlight, there is supposed
to be a strip of rubber trim to help seal the rear of the door windows when
closed.  The rubber strip is to be held in place by steel channels
dovetail-style with the beveled side of the rubber slid/pressed into the
channel.  It is very similar to how the front seal of the convertible top is
held in place.  When I bought my surrey top, the side channels were not
present and are NLA at the suppliers.  I haven't tried Rimmer Bros, so maybe
they are an option.

Does anyone have any of these channels or have they had any success
reproducing them?  If I still am having no luck, I may beg someone to let me
remove theirs and take them to a fabrication shop to have them reproduced.
I'm thinking Todd Bermudez or Sterrett Smith may good resources to help
solve a problem such as this given their past efforts around sourcing surrey
tops.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Andy

CD6746L HVDA