[6pack] Frame repair - Foam Filler?

Jerry C Shaw slowtoaccept at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 13:09:23 MDT 2009

Foam filler is universally used by all modern auto mfgs. Just ask a body
repair shop how it affects their decision on what to weld. I've used the
stuff from Home Depot for sealing gaps in home weather proofing
applications. It is closed-cell, and doesn't "attract" water. I'd rather
depend on injecting this stuff in my sills, frame and door posts and have
it expand to fill the space  than try to ensure that Waxol will uniformially
coat the inside surfaces of these structures. Agreed that it may have
cavities, but it blocks water flow and actually adds structural rigidity
besides sound deadening.

BTW look at what others are doing with this stuff.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23034&page=4

Just my $0.02 worth.

Jerry

Message: 3