[6pack] Roadster Factory Party

Robert Houseknecht rwhautomotive at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 17:35:41 MDT 2010

I also attended the Summer Party. I have never complained about anything, ever!
I think its because I know how much work is involved.
Everytime I've gone, my wife and I have had a great time. We have met some
people that will be friends forever, pushed my cars to the limit on the drag
strip and autocross track. (even won at times)
Where else can I enjoy so much (british car related)- even when the weather is
not so good?
It's a shame the attendance is not what it was years ago.
Marty, I too wondered why.
The thing I noticed - Charles did not seem too involved. To me He should be out
talking to his customers, checking out their cars and getting to know more
people. If he did, he might just hear how some of us appreciate what he has done
for our hobby. He might even get more of us to invest in his company. Maybe he
did and I just didn't see it.

Why no featured Marque this year? - Possible more cars attending if featured?
I also didn't see too much support from Indiana Chamber of Commerce or local
business. Hell, I read
the local newspaper and only saw a blurb about 1" x 2" space mentioning the car
show.
Hey Guys and Gals, all the comments we've all made probably have merit, but what
I think we should be talking about how to keep this great event alive. We can't
expect the party to continue with no participation, small parts sales revenue,
and little support. Start sending Charles letters or emails with constructive
comments and good solid ideas. Please don't critisize or complain - Not the way
to get good results. I hope to see you all soon.
Rob Houseknecht - Batavia, N.Y.
1973 Emerald TR6  &  1980 White Spitfire