[6pack] Turn Signal Switch - Return Function

Michael Rankin mrankin.cox at cox.net
Tue Aug 17 20:11:09 MDT 2010

Doug -- I believe there is a metal tab that is on the steering shaft that
acts as the return trigger mechanism.  Remove the plastic plinth and you
should be able to get a view. I had a similar situation yrs ago and I
believe I had to re-align the steering shaft to center the metal tab at 9
o'clock so it would trigger the return after a L and R hand turn. There is
adjustment of the shaft from the u-joint in the steering column in the
engine bay where the shaft and rack and pinion attach to each other. You may
also have to remove and recenter the steering wheel after you have properly
adjusted the shaft. Once you get into it and see how it works this is pretty
simple, but more difficult to explain in an email.

Take care,

Michael