[6pack] FW: cluster master cylinder question - should be CLUTCH master cylinder..

George Loriot george_loriot at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:53:40 MDT 2010

Listersthanks to everyone's suggestions I'm a happy camper once again.  The
clutch I-won't-disengage-all-the-way problem was a combination of:  egg-shaped
holes in the pedal arm and the master cylinder pushrod, slight leak in master
cylinder, weak return spring in slave cylinder,  and probably needed some
bleeding.  It looks like the dreaded clutch fork pin was ok, since now the
cluthc is releasing nicely.  I had a machinist reposition and drill a new
bushing in both the arm and pushrod, new clevis pin.  I lightly honed both
cylinders and installed new seals and return spring, and replaced the flexible
hose (it looked a little bulgy, a technical term with a British accent).Bled
the system and I'm back on the road again.  Thanks to all listers for their
suggestions;  this list is great.  it's saved my tush on several occasions.
George Loriot1976 TR5