[6pack] Self-beeping Horns!

David Friedlander forzion at maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 12:54:07 MDT 2010

  Hey all;

I have been trying to track-down an apparent short in my car's horns. So
far, I've
disassembled the steering column, checked out the horn ring and
purple/black
wire from the ring to the harness and find that it's not broken,
pinched, or chafed.
I have disconnected the purple/black wire from the W1 on the relay
because when
I touch it to the terminal the horn beeps!! From the horn relay, I have
followed the
purple/yellow wires' path to the horns, but see no connections there
amiss.....

Do these horns ever get internal shorts somehow? All grounds appear to
be in order.

Any insights/suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated....!!

Dave Friedlander
'74 Six w/A-OD and TBI