[6pack] Post your age (+ or -) when your TR was born

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Mon Feb 22 14:14:56 MST 2010

First one was a '61 TR3A , bought used in '65 for $850 with a leaky
radiator when I was 19.  Later drove a '66 TR4A a few years.   In
Dec. '74, TR6 CF29457UO was built (74 - 1/2) when I was 29.

I liked my '71 240Z daily driver but still had the TR virus, so
bought the Six new in April '75.  Dick Taylor will like this; I chose
the color-- carmine-- based on the fact it was the only one with
overdrive on the dealer lots, from Santa Barbara to San Diego.  The
San Diego dealer brought it down from somewhere up the coast.  BTW,
it was about $5800.

My wife was a young-ish high school teacher at the time, and really
turned some heads when she drove the Six daily to school ;-)

--Glenn/San Diego 74.5
PS From the earlier thread... I also have 74.5 CF27188U, built in Aug
of '74.  Someone was collecting that data.  Both the 74.5's are
"1974" in the California records.