[6pack] 1) Leaking Brake MC 2) Brake pipe replacement.

Bruce Simms brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 4 21:42:09 MST 2010

6 in cold storage (I mean brrr frostbite cold) for winter in detached
garage.   Go out there last week, what's this, a big mess of brake fluid on
the floor.  Swear a bit, head inside to warm up and think.   A friend says to
look where MC is attached to booster, happened to him.   Sure enough, he's
right about the source of leak.  I suppose seals were deteriorating as there
was some black stuff suspended in the brake fluid the past few years.  Okay,
now what.

	1. I do have a new MC that I bought on ebay several years ago.
Looks identical to original. Metal casting is gold in colour. Came wrapped in
wax paper in a Unipart box that said made in GB or England.  Nothing on MC to
identify manufacturer.
	2.. I understand I need to bench bleed the MC.  Are
there instructions for this somewhere?
	3. Replace the MC and bleed the whole
system?
	4. Is the PWDA likely to need re-centering after this?
	5. Is there
anything else I should do or know, such as have brake booster rebuilt?
I have
a set of cuppro-nickel TR6 brake pipes all nicely rolled up in a bag from a
Scottish ebayer.   they need to be bent, which I've never done, although I
have a pipe bending tool. that's supposed to be for these tasks. Taking the
old ones off and installing the new ones while on my back under a greasy oily
dirty car might not be a really pleasant job.   Maybe I should have bought the
pre-bent stainless pipes to make my life a little easier.   I installed ss
brake hoses a few years ago, so I've a little expereince here.

Should I use
the original style clips to hold the pipes to the frame or, is there a better
alternative?

l have a propane construction heater that will heat the garage
to a workabe temperature, or,   I can always wait till warmer spring
weather.   Having car ready to go come spring is of course the best.

Thanks
a bunch for any advice or suggestions.

Bruce Simms