[6pack] brake cleaner and welding warning

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Jan 11 12:37:50 MST 2010

Grego--Very interesting! I'm wondering if this would also be the case if using (MIG) welding wire that is flux impregnated, rather than using the Argon gas as the deoxidizer?  I've also submitted this question and story to "SNOPES" to see if it's myth or has substance. My cynicism lies in brake cleaners almost instant evaporation, yet apparantly stayed around during the heat and air of the welding process.
Old enough to doubt, young enough to learn!

Dick