[6pack] Would you value a RHD PI TR6 over the NA version?

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Sun Jan 17 16:35:37 MST 2010

	RHD should not matter too much. At least I don't think so.

	I would say that a RHD might even be worse in the US since it is less safe
than a LHD. I know I found that LHD minis were worth more than RHD - $500 to
$1000. But remember, that was a mini, not a sports car. Minis are trash
compacts in the UK, desirable oddities in the US. The cost of converting from
RHD to LHD is less than $500 for a mini, but for a TR6 it is more since you
need to cut sheet metal, etc. On my mini though, there was the extra kit that
was exceedingly difficult to find that was needed for the conversion, and the
pedal box needed modification, so it was not without its difficulties. So to
sum up, I would say that RHD *might* be worth less, not more. The repair costs
are the same, I would imagine.
	As to what the 150HP might get you, you might try looking on eBay UK, and see
what kind of premium the 150HP versions get over, say, the 125HP versions or
105 version imported from North America. THAT is worth something extra - since
power is always worth $$$ (at least for me, it is).

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast