[6pack] RHD / (WAS - Wing or Side Fender Vents)

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Thu Jan 21 16:09:54 MST 2010

 	Ya,

	The only thing that changes is that you shift with your left hand. The shift
pattern stays the same (I guess that may be obvious to everybody, but it
wasn't to me) so it really is pretty easy to drive a RHD car in the US. Takes
about 10 minutes to acclimate. Just don't try to go through a fast food window
or a bank teller drive up. (Although a friend suggested the solution is to
simply use reverse when using the fast food drive though)
	The hard part (for me) is learning to drive on the left side of the road. I
constantly have to chant "Keep left, look right" and even then I have the
overwhelming feeling of panic when another car approaches me "Holy CR at P! That
guy is on the wrong side of the road!!!"
	While my TR6 was and is a LHD, my Mini started life as a RHD. My solution was
to convert it so that the steering wheel is now on the (ahem) "correct" side
of the car. I am sure the Aussies and Limeys out there will take exception
with that last remark <giggle>.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom