[6pack] FM radio/cassette

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon Mar 1 09:30:19 MST 2010

 	Colin:

	In the US, at least, there is no such thing for the TR6.

	The "British Leyland" radios were made by Bendix, and these are what everyone
thinks of when they think of the BL radios. Frankly, any electronics from that
era is pretty sad by today's standards - and The Bendix radios are no
exception. They put out as much power as your typical butterfly sneeze, and
have no selectivity or sensitivity.
	As far as the cassette and 8 track decks go, they were built by Audiovox, and
do not have the BL logo on them, best I can tell. They will have a paper
sticker on them that prominently shows the BL part number for the unit,
although many of the stickers are missing. And while the build quality was
better than the Bendix radios, the performance was not. No one wants the 8
tracks, so they got scrapped a long time ago, and the cassettes are fairly
rare - I managed to pull one that worked from an MGB. You must add an external
amp to them if you hope to hear the radio with the top down. As I said, all
the power of a butterfly sneeze.
	Instead, I suggest going with the "vintage look" instead. Try one of these -
		http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTG-Style-Adjustable-Shafts-Knobs-AM-FM-iPod
-Car-Radio_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dfbbb007QQitemZ360235905031QQptZMotor
sQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

	I will probably be ditching my Audiovox butterfly special this summer, and
going for one of these. Gotta have my iPod while I am on the road ----

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Knowledge is power.