[6pack] [TR] vtr passwords and their dissemination

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Mar 1 15:11:14 MST 2010

marty sukey wrote:
>  Bill and board.  FWIW  I for one understand all the efforts that you folks
> put out behind the scenes and truly appreciate it.
>

> Thanks for maintaining a place for us to play, this includes you MJB.

Thanks.  I can certainly appreciate the behind the scenes efforts that
go into
keeping VTR a useful club for Triumph enthusiasts.  Sometimes I think it
would
be interesting to know just how many hours over the last 20+ years I've
spent
on keeping Team.Net going.  Then again, I really don't want to know!

I did get a nice donation the other day via Paypal for $21.38 - not the
$11.47,
suggested, he must not drive a Spitfire.  Support like that helps keep
me going.
I imagine that a convention full of happy TR folks is quite a reward for
those
who make it all happen.  Of course in the early years of trying to set up
consistent autocross rules and classing, the Autocross Advisory Board
had our
share of less than happy people.

Reminds me of a story from years ago when I was very actively autocrossing.
I think it was a divisional or a Pro Solo out at Wendover.  After the
event a
number of folks were hanging around with a cold beverage and talking about
stuff.  A person from one region commented something like "We have over
a hundred people in our region, and it is always the same half dozen
that get
things done."  Someone from a much bigger region replied that they had
nearly 1,000 members in their region, but it was always the same half dozen
folks who made sure things got done.

Some things never change, it seems.

mjb.