[6pack] Triple stromberg

Richard Seaton rsh17 at msn.com
Fri Mar 5 15:46:08 MST 2010

The ZS carbs when set up correctly are a more efficient carb than the SU's.
The SU's have a greater choice of needles for dialing in. Some ZS have
adjustable needles, some don't. TRF offers a retro fit for adjustable needles.
One thing tom check when going with 3 ZS, is to make sure the brass fitting (
I forget what It's call) in the carb bodies are set at the same depth. I had
two original carbs and they were different, and the third off a 250 was also
different.
  So check the depth and get them all set the same. I used a bolt and two nuts
locked together to  make a drift set to the appropriate depth. I don't have
the specific measurement for my 69, but choose a middle ground between the
three carbs.

 Note- when using the bolt as a drift you will need to cut the end off flush,
because the end of the bolt threads  will bugger up the brass.

A color tune is the best method for making sure you have the depth right.