[6pack] Dads wish list

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Nov 8 07:28:53 MST 2010

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010, marty sukey wrote:

> Here, you will no longer have to ask "what do you want"? :).  I put together a
> list of safety equipment I will need to be able to go road racing. So when you
> are wondering what dad needs for what ever gift giving holiday comes up in the
> future (probably long term future) a small gift certificate to Summit Racing
> that I could apply towards the list would be perfect.

It doesn't work. I tried.

Apparently, logic and your actual needs are not the thrust of the
question.

It's kind of like the question: "what do YOU want to do this weekend?" and
you answer "I intend to race/fish/loaf on coach/whatever" the retort is
"well, YOUR Aunt will be XX years old this weekend, don't you think we
should taker her out SUN afternoon?."

I dont really think "you" in these cases is really the literal.

> Dad

Yours in sarcasm.
rml