[6pack] Camshaft poll Results

Raymond Hatfield iron_horse819 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 06:59:48 MDT 2010

I wanted to update the list with my results:

First of all, I received 6 replies - not a large sampling to work with, but interesting results anyway.

* Headwork was at the top of the list of things suggested along with a new cam (I assume they meant the car, but maybe they were talking about me?).  I failed to mention this in my original post, but did plan on a port-n-polish along with raising the CR to 9.5:1 or 10:1.

^ It was also reccommended that I eliminate the fan and go electric - which  I do plan on doing.

* One person told me that the 1.65:1 rockers were definately overkill for a street engine..

^ Two people mentioned the Iskendarien Z-19 cam. One person highly reccomended it, but his experience was with a 12:1 CR moter -  the other said it was milder than the S-2

^ I had one person say the were running the GP-2 and were happy with it, while another described it as 'mild, wicked mild'

* Another cam tha was reccomended was TSI's TSI275-6, described as a great street cam.

I want to thank again everyone who responded, and invite anyone else who has experience or reccomendations to please speak up. I will take all comments and suggestions into consideration.  I will report back when I have picked one out :)

Thanks again,
Raymond L. Hatfield