[6pack] Cylinder haed swap

John Johnson john70350 at msn.com
Sun Oct 31 17:35:23 MST 2010

Hi all,
         I am dropping a 1972 TR6 engine in my GT6 and had a quick question
regarding combustion chamber size and compression ratio. Because of extreme
hood clearance issues on the GT6 I want to use the shorter 1972 GT6 head that
I have on the engine to give me additional hood clearance. I know the
combustion chamber is smaller on the GT6 head but the ports are the same. Has
anyone made this switch on their TR6 or seen a chart that would give me an
idea on compression ratio before I cc the heads? Thanks!

                                               John Johnson
                                              Columbus, Ohio