[6pack] ATF Fluid..... non Triumph

luichinger at comcast.net luichinger at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 13:12:15 MDT 2010

BobB B  Not sure about 07 but 09B  Mazda3 do not have red coloredB  ATF
installed at the plant.B  They use a brownish to translucent colored ATF that
meets mercron V spec..B  My daughter ran into the same issue with a quick
change outfit and got me involved because her owners manual said nothing about
changing the fluid.B Check the fluid yourself.B  take some off the dipstick
put it on a clean white towel.B  If it appears clear with a B golden to light
brown hue andB  it dose not smell burnt it is most likely fine.B  If it smells
burn the clutch packs have been damaged and changing fluid is not likely to
help unless you plan on quickly B passing the problem on to some one else.B
IMHO the the oil change boys made an honest mistake or you need to find
someone else.B B A fluid change at these shops or any shop can beB  risky..B
The machine may not get maintained and most people do nothing untill something
happens which means there is a lot of crap that can be transfered from the
last fluid replacement to your trans.B  IfB its not broke do not fix it
applies here.B If you have to do it have it done manually.B B B