[6pack] Electric fuel pump - was Gas in Oil

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 14 05:54:07 MDT 2010

On Monday, September 13, 2010 08:17:33 pm John North wrote:
> Looks like fuel pump was the problem...   Borrowed an electric from an
> e-type, bypassed the mechanical and the car fired right up, ran
> smooth.   Any recommendations on an electric pump and where to mount
> it?
>
> John North
John,

I have Facet pumps installed on my 3, 4 and 6. The 6 pump is mounted just
under the rear of the left fender on the outside wall of the trunk. Filter
between the tank and pump. I also installed a regulator which is bolted to a
plate on top of the mechanical pump blank off plate. The pressure is set at 2
PSI for my 2 SUs. Just to be sure, I have a 2nd filter just before the
regulator.

I have been running Facet pumps for 5 years now and I will never go back to
the mechanical.

They are a bit noisy when you turn on the ignition but once the engine fires
up I cannot hear the pump even at idle.

Where ever you mount the pump the conventional wisdom is to get it as close to
the tank as you can.

Bob