[6pack] [TR] TR6 Mistery Miss

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 13:33:01 MDT 2010

In a message dated 9/13/2010 3:55:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Dave1massey at cs.com writes:

.  For
some reason I decided to check my valve clearances and  found two valves
had no
gap at all.  (valve seat recession?)  I  regapped the valves and the miss
went away.

Thanks Dave and all that responded.  I was and am concerned that  the Six
needs a valve job.  45,000 miles on the clock still a factory  build. I will
start with the propane to find a vacuum leak then on to the  valves for
adjustment.  I suppose a problem with the  valves would show up on a compression
test.  Exhaust valve recession  would cause a lean condition, correct?
Anyway I was not aware of the  Moss Hi-Performance gaskets and just ordered two
of them.

Hope it's something simple, I have the Six registered for the VTR  National
Convention on Jekyll Island in a few weeks since the TR6 is the  featured
marque.  Always something! I suppose I can take another  car.  Ugly, the 76
VE Edition TR7, comes to mind.  I bet those  southern folks would get a kick
out of them Spoker Rims on her. Of course she  autox's like a pig.  Oh well
easy class to run in too.
Darrell