[6pack] [TR] TR6 Mistery Miss

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Sat Sep 18 13:49:21 MDT 2010

Darrell---A disconnected vacuum line (the one that goes from the bottom of the rear carb to the distributor vacuum retard) shouldn't cause the"white plug" you saw. This particular vacuum port on the carb doesn't do much of anything once the butterfly (throttle plate) is opened past the engine idle speed.

If the other two sparkplugs fed by the rear carb appeared to be of normal coloring, I'd suspect the cause of the white plug to be more a sign of a lean mixture for another reason. (Intake manifold gasket failure, or loose stud nut)? Put a socket on these nuts to see if they can be drawn up. Check this plug again after you've put some miles on the engine.

If you haven't already done so, you'll want to cap the vacuum port on the bottom of this carb. Just so it doesn't suck in dirt.

Dick