[6pack] lube for tach cable

Vance Navarrette v.navarrette at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 12:28:29 MDT 2010

	Dave:

	My recommendation is something moderately heavy, that will not
evaporate. Remember that the lube you apply needs to do its job for many
years without failure.

	I use 80W/90 gear oil. It is thick, and will hang around for a
long time. Lubed my speedo three years ago, and it is still working
great. Next choice for me would be 20W/50 motor oil.

	I removed the drive wire from its sheath, dribbled oil all over
it, and reinstalled the wire, wiping up the excess. I did not want to do
that job again anytime soon, so I really went for the overkill.

	Vance